Advertising & Partnerships Manager – Pedestrian TV
Group of pedestrians (that’s us!) is Australia’s leading youth-focused publisher. We reach a unique audience of over 4.16 million Australians per month. We host PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, Kotaku Australia and Openair Cinemas.
We bring young Australians the stories they want in all their interests – from culture to technology, from business to games, from fashion to entertainment, from politics to lifestyle. And we create innovative solutions for customers that they won’t have anywhere else. Pedestrian Group is wholly owned by Nine Entertainment Co., Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.
We are currently looking for a Advertising & Partnerships Manager join our tight-knit and talented team in Melbourne!
As the Advertising and Partnerships Manager, you will be part of the VIC Partnerships team and be responsible for generating revenue across your entire client patch, but also supporting the Partnerships Manager in day-to-day management. team and business planning. You will work across the entire Pedestrian Group portfolio and generate income with any of the following products: native editorial, video, display, events and activations.
We are looking for someone who defends the values of the Pedestrian Group. The successful candidate will be HUNGRY, FEARLESS and REAL.
The role covers all of our commercial properties including Pedestrian.TV, Business Insider, Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Kotau, Openair Cinemas and two new titles from the Pedestrian Group family – VICE & Refinery29!
To be successful in this role requires a multidisciplinary approach on the part of someone who is able to collaborate effectively with internal departments and build brilliant market relationships with clients. The role is a creative sales role that will take you through all stages of the sales cycle; from brief extraction to trade and close.
We are looking for a self-sufficient person who is not afraid to seek new business and build relationships from scratch, while having the ability to nurture and develop existing clients.
Your main missions will be:
- Deliver 100% of quarterly sales budgets.
- Develop and maintain level 1 agencies in your territory
- Track and manage your own pipeline and account activity in Salesforce with 100% accuracy.
- Research, close and grow new and existing business across all properties to consistently meet and exceed sales targets.
- Build an intimate understanding of the pedestrian group’s offerings / products and their place in the industry.
- Create market-leading arguments on all pedestrian platforms (native, video, podcast, events, activations) for our agency partners. With this, you need to understand the client’s goals and translate them into campaigns that deliver results.
- Build comprehensive customer proposals, including developed storyboards, distribution strategy, copywriting, and insights.
Requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of experience in a digital media sales position, agency or equivalent
- Sociable and able to create professional relationships.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of online advertising processes and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to QA own work
- “Hunter’s mentality”, tenacity and the ability to “think upright”.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented and fast-paced environment
As an employee of the Pedestrian Group, you will enjoy perks such as corporate events, wellness programs, career development courses and a flexible work-life balance. But more importantly, you’ll be working alongside inspiring colleagues who will encourage you to give your best.
- Well-being – Our company’s Culture Club holds monthly yoga, meditation and tai chi sessions both virtually and IRL, and provides mental health support to all staff, so we are all Namaste Positive.
- Health and Fitness – Our Good Sports corporate initiative gives staff the opportunity to enter a seasonal sport of their choice. Whether it’s Netball, Basketball, Dodgeball or even ax throwing, it’s up to you!
- Charity and fundraising – Pay It Forward is Pedestrian Group’s charity and community program, where we use our unique set of skills to help raise funds and raise awareness of issues affecting Australia’s youth.
- Work-life balance – We offer our employees flexible working arrangements and generous time off options for major life events and travel.
- Career development – We offer our employees opportunities for personal and professional growth. Whether through our monthly PEDTALKS guest speaker series, e-learning platforms or in-person workshops.
- Social events and team bonds – The Pedestrian Group offers a variety of team bonding opportunities, team lunches, Friday-to-local arvo knockoffs, team activities, company-wide summits or just a regular barbecue on the balcony with a DJ and a cheeky marg station (socially distanced of course)
We work hard and party harder!
Working at Pedestrian Group gives you the chance to collaborate with a talented team in a dynamic work environment. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and career with one of Australia’s fastest growing digital media companies.
We believe in fearlessness and unfiltered creativity in everything we do! Be hungry, fearless and real!