COVID-19 hospitalizations increase 65% in one week, reports Riverside County – Press Enterprise
Riverside County hospitals are treating the most coronavirus patients they have seen since March, according to data released Wednesday, July 21.
There are currently 155 confirmed patients and 31 suspects hospitalized, a 65% increase from July 14. The latter figure is the highest number of hospitals since the county reported 156 COVID-19 patients on March 20.
The number of patients in hospital intensive care units has also increased – there are currently 30 confirmed patients and five suspects – the most reported since March 31, when the same number was admitted.
Riverside County reported 1,991 new infections and 10 deaths on Wednesday.
Comparisons of infection and death rates were not available in recent weeks due to discrepancies in data. Efforts to reconcile the number of infections and deaths between the county and the state ended last week, said Jose Arballo Jr., spokesperson for the Riverside County Public Health Department, said on Wednesday.
Vaccination rates in the county jumped 57% from the previous week ending July 14. This brings the county’s total to 1,024,327 fully immunized people.
Here are the latest numbers. Vaccination and hospitalization data comes from the state and is up to date on Tuesday. Further figures were reported by the county on Wednesday.
- 2,147,724 doses administered to county residents to date
- 42,657 doses reported in the past week
- 1,184,246 residents received at least one dose
- 1,024,327 of these residents are fully vaccinated
- 304,060 in total
- 1,991 reported last week
- 297,011 of total cases are counted as cured (living patients who told county staff they had no symptoms or had been unreachable for 45 days)
- 4,657 in total
- 10 reported last week
Hospital investigation (17 of the 21 reporting establishments)
- 155 confirmed patients and 31 suspects hospitalized
- 30 confirmed patients and 5 suspects in intensive care
- 3,417,028 in total
- 79,727 reported in the past week
How this week compares to the previous week
- 57% of additional vaccine doses reported
- Case comparisons are not available due to data issues.
- Death comparisons are not available due to data issues.
- 65% more confirmed patients in hospital
- 114% more confirmed patients in intensive care
- Test comparisons are not available due to data issues.
For more information on cases and deaths by community in Riverside County, click here.
Here’s a look at how the county’s numbers have changed every day:
Editor-in-chief Nikie Johnson contributed to this report.