Ericsson’s New Lens and Vision Imagine the Possibilities of Unlimited Connectivity
A seismic technological shift is underway around the world, with Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) forecasting 3.5 billion 5G subscriptions and 60% global 5G population coverage by 2026. The scale of this technological change ranges unleash a whole new wave of innovations to tackle some of the planet’s most pressing problems.
To seize emerging opportunities, Ericsson is today launching its new focus and new vision.
- Our goal: Create connections that make the unimaginable possible
- Our vision: A world where unlimited connectivity improves lives, redefines business and paves the way for a sustainable future
Börje Ekholm, President and CEO of Ericsson, says: “For almost 150 years, our technology has transformed almost every part of society. The networks we are building have already connected billions of people and soon they will connect almost anything and everything. This era of hyper connectivity will help meet major global challenges such as climate change and digital inclusion.
Ekholm continues: “Our new purpose and new vision are rooted in the values of respect, professionalism, perseverance and corporate integrity. We remain unwavering in our efforts to foster a culture of integrity by embedding our values in all working methods. This important work continues and we are committed to creating greater responsibility, trust and respect with our employees, customers and stakeholders, while ensuring sustainable success for the company in the future. “
A positive force in society
Connecting billions of people has brought countless social and economic benefits. Ericsson’s rResearch, for example, shows that by 2030, digital technologies can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 15% in all industries.
For the future, Ericsson’s vision imagines a world where unlimited connectivity improves lives, redefines business and paves the way for a sustainable future.
“Our vision imagine the future we can help create for people, businesses and the planet, ”said Stella Medlicott, senior vice president and head of marketing for group functions and corporate relations, Ericsson. “Connectivity is key to reducing human impact on the planet and will help bridge the digital divide, but we also see the potential of our technology to reach even more sectors of society. This is where things get really interesting.
In this context, Ericsson is today launching a new look and feel for its brand as well as a series of future scenarios which, according to it, will emerge in the era of hyper connectivity:
- Activation new ways to learn – by connecting every educational institution and every learner. The future workforce will increasingly depend on digital technologies for lifelong learning and development, while mobile networks will deliver quality education to every school, regardless of location.
- Redefining the business – reducing risk and time to market while creating huge efficiencies and opportunities along the value chain. Entire business models will be transformed by unlimited connectivity using real-time data that instantly powers design and manufacturing processes.
- Reimagine entertainment – through an Internet of the senses which mixes virtual and real worlds. Imagine live gaming data layered before your eyes or the ability to feel the sound, touch and smell of live gaming action – from the comfort of your couch.
- Dealing with the climate crisis – using technologies like 5G, AI, and IoT to drive decarbonization, meet international targets, and help limit global warming to 1.5 degrees above pre-industrial levels.
A prerequisite for all of these scenarios remains a reliable, secure and high-quality mobile network infrastructure. The 5G platform being deployed around the world is a fundamental first step to help build this future digital society.
In 2020, Ericsson successfully completed its financial turnaround, achieved its financial goals and established a leadership position in 5G. Since then, the company has strengthened its focused business strategy with further growth ambitions, both in core business segments and in the emerging business space. The company’s vision underpins this strategic journey and strengthens Ericsson’s position as a technology leader.
Join the #ImaginePossible conversation about unlimited connectivity possibilities by following us on:
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Subscribe to Ericsson press releases here
Subscribe to Ericsson blog articles here
Ericsson enables communication service providers to take full advantage of connectivity. The company’s portfolio covers the Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services and Emerging Business business areas. It is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency and find new revenue streams. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have brought the benefits of mobility and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world. Ericsson shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and Nasdaq New York. www.ericsson.com