Job #1755 – Corporate Controller
Company: Milrose Consultants
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Location: New York, NY
The company is a privately held construction consulting firm that has made 6 strategic acquisitions in the past 24 months and plans to make several additional acquisitions as revenues exceed $100 million. Each acquisition generally requires significant integration assistance.
The company has over three decades of experience in the complex road of municipal compliance to deliver compressed construction schedules and accelerated occupancy to our clients. The Company’s in-depth knowledge of the various municipal codes that govern construction projects, allows the Company to identify potential problems and execute the appropriate filing strategy to ensure the success of the project. Services provided to building owners, property managers and developers include special inspections, asbestos and environmental services, code and zoning advice, violation research and termination, filings and approvals Municipalities, Fire Code Services and Department of Transportation Services.
The company is looking for a Corporate Controller to join the team. This person will be a key player in building a centralized and efficient accounting organization. The Business Controller must be a strong leader who can scale business processes to accommodate rapid growth. The person must have work experience in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
Accounting and finance
– Supervise and develop accounting staff
– Manage the monthly closing process, including the development and application of standard procedures and reporting deadlines
– Review monthly account reconciliations and analyzes prepared by individual financial managers
– Develop and maintain accounting systems, processes, procedures and controls
– Oversee shared services operations and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of day-to-day transaction processing (AR, AP, collections, etc.)
– Ensure compliance with US GAAP, including advice on the implementation of new standards
– Identify and improve areas of inefficiency
– Timely tax filings in various jurisdictions (e.g. income tax, sales tax)
– Liaise with external accountants and manage year-end reviews and audits
– Identify key performance indicators and set up reporting procedures
– Assist with budget, forecasts and projections, including variance analyzes
– Help executives and management set business and financial goals, and develop reports to track progress
– Provide financial analysis and commentary on key business decisions
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration required
– CPA license preferred
– Experience working with PE-backed companies preferred
– 3 to 5 years of experience in an accounting firm preferably
– 8 to 12 years of relevant experience with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role
– Convenient management and working style. A successful person will be both a leader and an actor
– Experience with service companies helpful
– Advanced knowledge of financial tools, including Microsoft Office, is required
– Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced work environment
– Ability to work collaboratively within a team
– Self-starter and can work independently.
– Thrive to take on challenges and constantly make improvements
– Experience with acquisition integration helpful
– Experience with several ERP systems, including Financial Force and helpful Quickbooks
To apply: Interested members should email their applications to Lisa Rivoli at [email protected] Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper’s Friends of the Firm program. Be sure to include Job #1755 in the subject line and copy [email protected] to your email.