Miles Bridges of Charlotte Hornets charged with domestic violence; his wife posts photos of apparent injuries

Charlotte Hornets restricted free agent Miles Bridges has been charged with domestic violence following an incident earlier this week, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed Friday.

The LAPD posted on Twitter that Bridges was arrested for ‘intimate partner violence with injury’, a felony, on Wednesday following an incident two days earlier in West Los Angeles, and that he was the subject of an arrest warrant for domestic violence.

He was released on $130,000 bond and has a July 20 court date. The LAPD said it does not release police reports of domestic violence arrests.

Mychelle Johnson, the mother of Bridges’ two young children, posted several photos to Instagram on Friday of what appeared to be injuries and a medical report that read “adult victim of physical abuse by male partner; strangulation assault, concussion; Closed fracture of the nasal bone; Contusion of a rib; Multiple contusions; Sprain of the neck muscle.”

She didn’t mention Bridges by name, but wrote on Instagram: “I hate it’s come to this but I can’t keep my mouth shut anymore. I allowed someone to destroy my house, kill me abuse in any way possible and traumatize our children for life. I have nothing to prove to the world, but I will not allow anyone who might do something so horrific to have any remorse and paint a picture of something that I am not. I will not allow the people around him to continue to silence me and continue to lie to protect this person.”

Bridges’ agent, Rich Paul, did not return phone calls to The Associated Press and it was unclear whether he had an attorney. Attempts to reach Johnson were also unsuccessful, and AP was unable to find a lawyer for her.

Bridges, 24, is a restricted free agent who is expected to make big money in the free agent market this summer after a breakout season.

The 6-foot-7, 225-pound deck was the Hornets’ top scorer last season, averaging 20.2 points and seven rebounds in his fourth NBA season.

The Hornets extended Bridges a qualifying offer earlier this week, allowing them to match any offer sheet made by another team. The team indicated earlier this week – before learning of Bridges’ arrest – that they wanted to re-sign him.

The Hornets released a statement Thursday, saying they are reviewing the incident. NBA spokesman Mike Bass said “we are in the process of gathering more information.”

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Comments are closed.